Promote suicide awareness and prevention by creating visual or literary Blue art.
A visual arts entry can be, for example an original print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work, snow sculpture or computer-generated artwork.
Use of Copyrighted Material
Use of copyrighted material, including any copyrighted cartoon characters or other such material, is not acceptable in any submission, with the following exceptions:
Submissions may include public places, well-known products, trademarks, or certain other copyrighted material as long as that copyrighted material is incidental to the subject matter of the piece and/or is a smaller element of a whole. The resulting work cannot try to establish an association between the participant and the trademark/business/material, or influence the purchase/non-purchase of the trademarked good.
Submissions may include portions of existing copyrighted works, such as photographs, magazine clippings, Internet images, and type cut out of a newspaper, as long as those portions of copyrighted works are used to create a completely new and different work of art.
Works Not Accepted
• Reproductions or enlargements of other artwork
1. Original Art Work (see notes below)
2. Activity Summary (MS Word doc)
- a. The title of your artwork (if the entry has no title, please write “Untitled.”)
- b. a description of the medium (crayons, oil on canvas, etc.).
- c. a statement about your work and how it contributes to Blue Awareness.
When completing the online submission form, send your Activity Summary and include a photo of your artwork. Your original Art Work can then be dropped off at this address before 4:00 p.m. on April 15th, 2015:
Out of the Blue Community Mental Health Program
333 Reimer Avenue, Steinbach, Manitoba R5G 0R9
Make sure that your materials are properly protected for transport, and that your name and contact information is visible on the outside of the package.
Selected photos may be nominated for 3 award categories, and may be eligible for a cash prize consideration at our Blue Carpet Gala, Thursday, May 7th, 2015.
Your Blue Activity will be judged on: originality and/or effectiveness in terms of how it delivers the message of: hope for recovery, help seeking behaviour, and, accurate mental health information (see What Can I Learn?)
All Registered Participants must live in the Southern region.
All Materials, including Submission Forms and Requirements listed above, must be received by April 15th, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
How to Enter:
1. Register your Blue Activity online before you start.
2. Complete your activity, and then submit it online, or print off this form and mail it, or drop it off at our office, along with all Submission Requirements, by April 15th, 2015, at 4:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact:
Lucy Fouasse at 204.346.6691